About Emory Creek Campground
The park is 15 hectares and is located next to the Canadian Pacific Railway mainline.
The campground is open annually from May 3 to October 18 with 35 vehicle accessible campsites.
All campsites are on a first-come first-serve basis, reservations are not accepted.
History of Emory Creek
In 1858, Emory Creek was homebase for miners searching for gold. They had built a tent camp during the gold rush, but when there was not enough gold left, they started to move north of the Fraser River. Eventually the land was bought by a man named Walker who planned to turn the area into the head of riverboat navigation on the Fraser River. In 1879 the land was sold to the Oppenheimer Brothers, and that fall Emory was chosen by Canadian Pacific Railway (CPR) as the endpoint of the western railway. Soon after, with a population of about 500,Emory became known as Emory Creek. The town consisted of thirteen streets, its own newspaper, a sawmill, nine saloons, a brewery and various other shops, but in 1885 when the railway was completed, settlers abandoned the small town. Today Emory Creek is an easily accessible treed campground with paved roads and flush outhouses.